Friday 19 February 2016

An Open Letter To My Mom II

1

An Open Letter To My Mom II



Mom,
Neither have I had the desire of being first among hundreds nor the fear of coming last now! I know you’ll argue with my point but what was it that I had been being first for the last 12 years? Yeah, you used to feel proud of your son, your neighbors used to appreciate, and thus I just multiplied your expectation, nothing else! Mom, there are so many things around us that is beyond your expectation, there are so many things that you expect me to fulfill are beyond my reach. I, single handed can’t fulfill all your expectations! I guess, its better you let me make my own way, at least you won’t have to live with a broken heart that your son will never be able to mend. Mom, don’t expect me to offer you a $100 note to tissue you after using toilet. I won’t ever be able to be that perfect! Don’t even regret for that. Mom, I won’t ever be able to offer you air tickets every time you travel place to place, but surely send you for pilgrimage instead of going to honeymoon. I know, I won’t be able to serve you “Polao/Biryani” in every meal of a day but my beloved will surely provide you with what she had cooked for herself and what I become able to manage for the day. Mom, you know, I am proud of your generosity and I hope you won’t have to speak aloud before my beloved and she won’t ever make you do so. You’ll be glad to know that she promised to call you Mom with the same affection I do, and she is used to calling her mom. Mom, I know, we won’t have much money to spend carefree but I won’t ever leave any stone unturned to ensure the best care I can afford you. I confess, I won’t be able to have that power and property that the people around us will fear us but they will truly love us from the bottom of their heart and render the best assistance they can provide us in our distress. Mom, I didn’t know that in academic life I will be bound to deal with the world's most sensible and the biggest "Gandu" types. I didn’t know that I won’t have any way except following that ancient trait fearing mighty professors. I know, you’ll laugh that I can’t but fear these high-educated professors more than I love respectable “Momota” miss, I met for the first time when I was 5. Mom, things have really changed, the leaves you once saw green, have turned grey now. Limit your expectation Mom, Neither have I had the desire of being first among hundreds nor the fear of coming last now! But I firmly believe that He will surely place me where I deserve to be with how much effort I did offer... You know, I can’t follow the way of cramming whole night before the exam and vomiting on the papers later on. You know, I prefer making my own way even if it isn’t that smooth and I believe that you won’t ever detach me from my way. Let my Second Year Final Result rest in peace.


Miss you Maa!


An Open Letter To My Mom II Image

1 comment:

  1. May every mom get a son like you.. u don't need to be first, be you!

    ReplyDelete