Saturday 27 February 2016

Translation of Tagore's Noyon Tomare Payna Dekhite ( নয়ন তোমারে পায় না দেখিতে )

0

You are in the eyes, in every sight, still it can’t see,
You are in the heart, unconscious, still it can’t realize thee!
Out of madness, haunted by desires, my mind rushe’,
Though you’re within, constant in day and dream, where’er I gaze!!

You love, even those who are all alone, and abandoned by all,
You answer the prayers, provide with shelter to the homeless, when’er they call...
There’s none on wards but you to walk along the endless way,
None knows how you guide even in no way every night and day!!

All I know is- I exist only by your grace, replenishing life from your glow,
I want the more I receive, the more I know of you, the more mysterious you grow!
I know, I will have your company for eternity, here and hereafter, through all time,
There will be just the two of us, You & Me, with nothing to stand in between…






নয়ন তোমারে পায় না দেখিতে, রয়েছ নয়নে নয়নে।
হৃদয় তোমারে পায় না জানিতে, হৃদয়ে রয়েছ গোপনে ॥
বাসনার বশে মন অবিরত   ধায় দশ দিশে পাগলের মতো,
     স্থির-আঁখি তুমি মরমে সতত জাগিছ শয়নে স্বপনে ॥

সবাই ছেড়েছে, নাই যার কেহ,  তুমি আছ তার আছে তব স্নেহ--
     নিরাশ্রয় জন, পথ যার গেহ, সেও আছে তব ভবনে।
তুমি ছাড়া কেহ সাথি নাই আর,সমুখে অনন্ত জীবনবিস্তার--
     কালপারাবার করিতেছ পার কেহ নাহি জানে কেমনে ॥

জানি শুধু তুমি আছ তাই আছি,    তুমি প্রাণময় তাই আমি বাঁচি,
     যত পাই তোমায় আরো তত যাচি, যত জানি তত জানি নে।
জানি আমি তোমায় পাব নিরন্তর      লোকলোকান্তরে যুগযুগান্তর--
     তুমি আর আমি মাঝে কেহ নাই, কোনো বাধা নাই ভুবনে ॥





0 comments:

Post a Comment