Monday 22 February 2016

Translation of Tagore's Majhe Majhe Tobo Dekha Pai ( মাঝে মাঝে তব দেখা পাই )

2

When I get the glimpse of you now and then,
Why not always, again ‘nd again?
Why there comes a transparent wall within,
To deprive me from sight of thine?

Whenever, for a while, I get thy sight,
In the blink of an eye, like a flash of light!
If I lose you again, I tremble in fear,
As you suddenly appear and disappear!!

Tell me the way, what should I do?
To have you always and never apart,
Where will I find that Love,
To hold you within my Heart!?

Upon my life, I vow, I won’t ever look at another for love!
If you say but the world, I’ll devote all I do have!!






মাঝে মাঝে তব দেখা পাই,
 চিরদিন কেন পাই না।
কেন মেঘ আসে হৃদয়-আকাশে, 
তোমারে দেখিতে দেয় না।

ক্ষণিক আলোকে আঁখির পলকে 
তোমায় যবে পাই দেখিতে
ওহে ‘হারাই হারাই’ সদা ভয় হয়, 
হারাইয়া ফেলি চকিতে।

কী করিলে বলো পাইব তোমারে, 
রাখিব আঁখিতে আঁখিতে–
ওহে এত প্রেম আমি কোথা পাব, নাথ, 
তোমারে হৃদয়ে রাখিতে।

আর-কারো পানে চাহিব না আর,
 করিব হে আমি প্রাণপণ–
ওহে তুমি যদি বলো 
এখনি করিব বিষয় -বাসনা বিসর্জন।

2 comments: